Monday, February 24, 2014

Rollin fat in NYC

It was pretty warm out this last Sunday so I decided to take a fat bike ride through the less than plowed bike paths and sidewalks. Connecting my place in Hackensack, nj to Brooklyn, ny was pretty slush and snow covered, making my big tire bike a reasonable choice of vehicle. 
I made my way through back streets, broken sidewalks and cars to get to the George Washington bridge to connect to the NYC Hudson greenway. I followed this all the way down manhattan. 
I saw tons of different people cycling and lots of citibikes.  The intrepid looked awesome in the sunshine. 
I went past battery park and looped manhattan to the Williamsburg bridge. 
The bridge was cool and I love going really fast down the other side of it. 
I stopped by times-up in Brooklyn which is a bicycle co-op. Check them out sometime at www.times-up.org
Also if you go here make sure you get a "cragel" at the local bagel store. They are an excellent twist of bagel and crescent roll dough. So good. 
Went and rode back home across the gwb and made it back before dark to Hackensack. Great ride!



No comments: